Career opportunities will be listed on this page as they become available. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Artistic and Education Director, the Administrative Assistant contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of the Canadian College of Performing Arts office, and supports the work of management, staff, faculty and the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner with a goal to minimize the interruptions for all staff
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member
- Reply to general information requests with accurate information
- Greet visitors to The Canadian College of Performing Arts in a professional and friendly manner
- Open the College in the morning
- Mail distribution
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and packages
- Relay voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Data entry and upkeep of The Canadian College of Performing Arts databases, ensuring a high level of accuracy (File Maker Pro, SUMAC)
- Provide administrative support to Directors, Board, management and other staff (i.e. year-end thank you packages, creating event binders, filing, etc.)
- Assist with Orientation Week, National Audition Tour and Theatre Study Tour advance preparations
- Assist with day-to-day rentals/scheduling for studios; external rentals of studios
- Admin tasks related to Productions: Booking royalties, production meetings, schedules, casting and communications with directors
- Copy scripts and prepare materials for all productions
- Organize logistics related to all meetings, in-services, & retreats
- Record and distribute minutes from meetings
- Coordinate rooms for meetings
- Liaise with external parties for on-site meetings
Box Office Management
- Support Box Office Manager in busiest seasons, and with walk-in customers
- Assist with filling the staffing required for performances (door greeters, ushers, ticket tables, concession)
- Assist with all events and fundraisers as needed
Theatre Study Tour
- Coordinate flight and hotel arrangements, travel itineraries, official travel documentation, travel insurance, show and workshop bookings
- Prepare itinerary, booklets and other information for students and Directors
National Audition Tour
- Assist with Director’s travel arrangements (hotels, cars, flights)
- Book studios/spaces for each audition location
- Book accompanists and assistants for each location
- Prepare travel itinerary and supplies binder
- Assist Registrar with studio bookings (internal and external bookings)
- Work with Registrar to manage database for tracking incoming students
- Assist Registrar to manage database entry and organization for students, (prospective, current and past)
- Assist Registrar with Administration and preparation for Orientation Week each September. (Admin Assistant may be asked to work more than regular hours in 3 weeks around Orientation Week)
Facility Operations Support
- Book rooms for class schedule and student use. Post studio bookings weekly and as they change during the week.
- Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the college facility
- Ordering custodial supplies and general communications with janitors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Database Management (FileMaker Pro or SUMAC an asset)
- Eventbrite or other Box Office software
- Web searches and online bookings
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Relationships: Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance The Canadian College of Performing Arts effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Work ethic: Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals; and the ability to make clear, timely decisions.
- The Administrative Assistant will work from The Canadian College of Performing Arts offices located at 1701 Elgin Road, Victoria, BC V8R 5L7
- A performance review will be conducted in May of each year
- The Canadian College of Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer
- 20 hours per week
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Friday August 3.