The Canadian Heritage Arts Society, owner/operator of the Canadian College of Performing Arts, will conduct its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday October 24th, 2017.
All members are requested to attend. All those who cannot attend in person should complete proxy forms.
Proxy forms must be signed and mailed, faxed or scanned and emailed back to the College by Monday, October 23rd, 2017. You can request a proxy form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 595 9970 and ask for Colleen.
Am I a member?
You are a member if you have received an official tax receipt from the college or society in the past year, or if you are a graduate, parent, faculty member or Board Member.
Please come and join us, one and all for a (not lengthy and most pleasant) check-in on the society that runs the College we all love!
We strongly encourage you to send back your proxy as your member support is essential for validation of the Canadian Heritage Arts Society in the eyes of our funders. Your membership does make a difference!
If mailing your proxy please send to:
Canadian College of Performing Arts
Attn: Colleen Youngblut
1701 Elgin Road
Victoria, BC, V8R 5L7
Doors open: 6:40 pm
Call to order: 7:00 pm
Please rise for the singing of the national anthem.
- Adoption of Rules of Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting – Sept. 28, 2016
- Report of the President – Fay Melling
- Amendments to By-Laws
- Report of the CCPA Managing Director – Jacques Lemay
- Report of the CCPA Artistic and Education Director – Heather Burns
- Finance Report – James Darnell, Treasurer
- Appointment of the Auditor – James Darnell
- Elections to the Board of Directors – see following slate of nominations
- New Business
Board members are asked to reconvene following the AGM in College Managing Director’s office for a brief Board meeting.
Proposed slate for nominations to the Board of Directors:
Board members appointed during 2016-17 and standing for election:
- Dennis Anholt
Board members standing for re-election:
- Fay Melling (completed 3-year term 2014-2017, previously 2006-2011)
Existing Board members in the middle of their term – no vote required
- Kelly Orr-Loney (2 years remaining, voted Sept 28 2016)
- James Darnell (2 years remaining, voted Sept 28 2016)
- Clayton Baraniuk (2 years remaining, voted Sept 28 2016)
- Maureen Shaw (2 years remaining, voted Sept 28 2016)
- Dorothy Hawes (2 years remaining, voted Sept 28 2016)
- All board members are elected for a term of 3 years
- For bios of above board members click here.
For the September 28 2016 AGM minutes, click here.