Turn your passion into your career!
Apply to the Canadian College of Performing Arts today.
A quick video of tips, tricks, and best practices for preparing and acing your music, dance, and/or acting audition.
- Two short contrasting monologues (maximum total length of three minutes).
- One solo song (a maximum total length of four minutes).
- An accompanist will be provided at all live auditions. Please bring sheet music in the key that you will be performing.
- Dance or movement pieces showing your ability and experience in different styles of dance (maximum total length of three minutes, maximum one minute per style, maximum three differing styles per audition).
- If you have no prior experience in dance, please let us know in advance of the audition. Auditionees may perform an un-choreographed interpretive movement piece demonstrating the ability to “be in the body”, or the audition panel may choose to ask you to demonstrate your ability to move/walk in time to a selection of music.
- Please bring a device with the music that you wish to perform to. A Bluetooth speaker will be provided in the audition room.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a follow-up interview with staff or faculty.
- Live auditionees will interview as part of their audition.
- Shortlisted candidates who submitted a video audition will receive a follow-up interview with a College Director.
One monologue or song can be in any language of your choosing.
Video auditions will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Deadline for first round of consideration is March 31st, 2020.
You can record your video audition using your smart phone. Check out our 3-step guide!
Submit your audition package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Canadian College of Performing Arts
1701 Elgin Road
Victoria, BC V8R 5L7
Email the registrar at email@example.com for more information about the National Audition Tour.
Audition Tour Dates
We are pleased to announce our Audition Tour dates for our 2020 intake.
We will be in the following cities on the dates listed below. A few cities are still to be confirmed, and the list is subject to change. Deadline to book a spot during the live audition tour is February 15, 2020.
- Edmonton – Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Saskatoon – Monday, February 24, 2020
- Toronto – Monday, February 24, 2020
- Winnipeg – Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Ottawa – Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Montreal – Wednesday, February 26, 2020 TBC (Depending on number of applicants)
- Kelowna – Wednesday, February 26, 2020 TBC (Depending on number of applicants)
- Vancouver – Wednesday, February 26, 2020 TBC (Depending on number of applicants)
- Halifax – Friday, February 28, 2020
- Fredericton – Monday, March 2, 2020 TBC (Depending on number of applicants)
- Courtenay – Friday, March 13, 2020 TBC
- Victoria – Sunday, March 22, 2020
If you are available, live auditions are a great opportunity for you to meet our college director(s)/faculty and to showcase yourself and your passion for the performing arts in person, however, we will be accepting video auditions for September 2020 intake until May 1, 2020.
For first round consideration we encourage video auditions to be submitted before March 31, 2020.
- Completed audition/application form (sent by the Registrar following online application)
- $60 audition fee
- Cash, cheque, and money order accepted in advance or at the audition.
- Credit card payments accepted prior to the audition date. Call 250 595 9970.
- E-transfers accepted prior to the audition date. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name and ‘audition fee’ in the memo.
- Official Transcript of Grades (an interim report or unofficial transcript can be held as a placeholder until the first day of your program. Contact the Registrar for details.)
- Current theatre résumé
- Headshot (or other 8×10 current photo)
- The opportunity to audition in French is also available. Please contact us for details.
- International students must meet the Language Proficiency Assessment Policy requirement