The Society will hold its Annual General Meeting on Friday, October 26, 2018 at the Canadian College of Performing Arts at 1701 Elgin Rd, Victoria BC, V8R 5L7. It is our pleasure to cordially invite and encourage you to attend this year’s meeting.
Everyone is welcome to attend, and all members of the Canadian Heritage Arts Society may vote on resolutions.
Please RSVP through Eventbrite here.
Doors open: 6:40 pm
Call to order: 7:00 pm
- Adoption of Rules of Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting – October 24th, 2017
- Report from the Chair of the Board – Clayton Baraniuk
- Governance Committee Report – Michael Shepherd
- Special Resolutions to complete the transition to the new Societies Act
- Revised Constitution Approval
- Revised By-Laws Approval
- Report from the College’s Managing Artistic Director – Caleb Marshall
- Report from the College’s Director of Education & Programming – Heather Burns
- Finance Report from the Treasurer – James Darnell
- Motion to Accept the Audited Financial Statements
- Motion to Appoint Auditors
- Election of the Board of Directors – see following slate of nominations
- Questions from the Floor
Board members are asked to reconvene following the AGM in the Managing Artistic Director’s office for a brief board meeting.
2017 AGM Minutes CHAS Constitution (amendments annotated) Proposed Amendments
2017-18 Audited Financial Statements Slate of Nominations for Board of Directors
All board members are elected for a term of 3 years.
For bios of board members click here.
*Instituted 2017 AGM: Bylaw 4.3 b) Voting by proxy is not permitted.